Monday, March 19, 2012

Assignment 1

Assignment one was a very unique experience, as a class assignment, and as a filmmaker.
Ryan and I each experimented with the tasks. My favorite technique we used was the magazine transfer. I knew we could alter film in the other ways, but magazine transfer was new to me and it was fun to find wacky designs to put on our film. Not to mention, it was easy to do. My second favorite of course was the scratching. I made designs and animations with that, and would have rather that counted because I wasn't good at drawing with markers (too thick). Ryan and I also used a lot of bleach but had a hard time getting it to soak through. We determined this was because the bleach was old, so now I know to get new bleach for it to have the full affect. I actually didnt enjoy the rayogram as much as a I thought. Mainly, because my strips didnt come out well. Ryan's did and I really liked the affect of twisting the film strip over it. Overall, it was a fun project. So many techniques learned in one!

No comments:

Post a Comment